Issue 2 (September 2017)
Breastfeeding research, resources and news
This newsletter includes breastfeeding information on Bedsharing and SIDS, news on Breastfeeding and Air Travel, an update from the Parliamentary Group on Infant Inequalities and recent research on Maternal Health, as well as much more.
Click on the links below.
To make sure you don’t miss future issues of LLLGB for Healthcare Professionals sign up here.
New on the LLLGB website:
- Support for Transgender and Non-binary Parents
- What’s in a Nappy
- When You Don’t Enjoy Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding and Teething
- Bedsharing, Breastfeeding and the risk of SIDS
- I Think My Baby’s Got Reflux
- Smoking, Vaping, Cannabis and Breastfeeding
- Fat Content of Breastmilk – FAQs
This September LLLGB are running a social media campaign to raise awareness on the issues surrounding breastfeeding and mental health challenges, including information, sources of support and mothers’ stories.
The campaign is running on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The whole campaign can be found on this link, which gets updated daily:
News on the LLLGB website
- Response to Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health Statement
- The Royal College and the manufacturing of breastmilk substitutes
- Department for Transport makes flying easier for Breastfeeding Mothers
- Update in the All Parties Parliamentary Group on Infant Inequalities
- World Breastfeeding Trends Initiative report for the UK
- Highlights of the 2016 Unicef UK Baby Friendly Initiative Annual Conference
- Fill your LLL Boots – LLLGB’s National Workshop 2017
- LLL SW London Welcomes Michel Odent
- LLL Waltham Forest Welcomes Naomi Stadlen
LLLGB Shop Discount and News
This voucher gives you gives 15% off A4 and A3 information sheets when used for online purchases. Not valid with purchase orders (we do accept purchase orders at the standard price).
Enter voucher code at checkout. Valid only for online orders. One use per customer. All vouchers expire 31st October 2017.
How does shopping with LLLGB make a difference?
When you buy from us you can be reassured that everything we sell is in line with LLL philosophy of mothering through breastfeeding. All of our products are carefully read and checked for accuracy by our experienced LLL Leaders (Breastfeeding Counsellors) and our information sheets and booklets are kept updated on a rolling basis by our dedicated leaflet team. We’ll use any profits from your purchases to further our work supporting breastfeeding mothers and babies.
Our Shop is run by a team of LLL Leader volunteers with in depth knowledge of the products we offer. If you have any questions about products or ordering you can contact them by email or through the contact form on our website.
Orders and purchase orders
Most customers place orders through our website, paying by card or PayPal. However we also welcome official purchase orders from businesses and organisations where purchasing takes place through procurement departments. Purchase orders should be emailed to email@example.com. For more information about ordering, click here.
Working and Breastfeeding Made Simple
Nancy Mohrbacher, 2014, £12.50
Why Perinatal Depression Matters
Mia Scotland, 2016, £6.99
The Microbiome Effect
Toni Harman and Alex Wakeford, 2016, £8.99
How the seeding of a baby’s gut flora can be hugely important for ourselves, our children and our species as a whole.
A DVD is also available. Personal use licence £16.79
Back in stock – Australian breastfeeding Association (ABA) booklets
Substantial booklets written to provide information to mothers and breastfeeding supporters on the following topics:
Breastfeeding and Reflux
Breastfeeding your Premature Baby
Breastfeeding your Baby with Down Syndrome
Breastfeeding Babies with Clefts of Lip and Palate
Breastfeeding Relactation and Adoption
Breastfeeding Twins, Triplets and More
Breastfeeding Through Pregnancy and Beyond