The workshop will be held on 11th November 2023 at YHA Lee Valley, Windmill Lane, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross, EN8 9AJ. It will run from 9.30am – 5pm. All sessions will be streamed live online and will also be recorded for those who choose to access the event from home. The recorded sessions will be available for one month after the event. The online live sessions will be interactive with those from home being able to ask questions and engage in breakout groups.
Deborah Robertson IBCLC, LLL Leader – Observation Skills for Helping with P&A
Emily Lunny, autistic Leader and parent of an autistic child – Autism and Breastfeeding
Helen Ball, Professor of Anthropology and creator of BASIS – Sleep and Breastfeeding
Running an LLL group – Breakout groups. A chance to discuss challenges and tips with others.
Long Service Awards
* Those attending for the whole event may book accommodation in the youth hostel in shared bunk rooms on Friday night. All shared rooms will be provided on a first come, first served basis. For Leaders and Applicants whose group has grant funding specified for these events, and those who are Alumnae, Applicants without specific grant funding, or Potential Applicants, we would be grateful if you would book using the grant funded option and pay online. Leaders who do not have specified grant funding should book a funded ticket at no cost to the group, as LLLGB have agreed to use funds saved by running the online only workshops during covid to support these places and make this year’s workshop more equitable for all groups.
* Those who prefer to attend for the day only, can book a day ticket, again choosing between those options – paid for tickets for Alumnae, Potential Applicants, Applicants and those Leaders who hold grant funding, or funded tickets for Leaders who would like to access the funding LLLGB have set aside for this.
* Those who cannot attend in person, or prefer not to, can book an online ticket, and as above, options are available for non Leaders and groups with grant funding to pay for their tickets and contribute to the costs of the event to LLLGB, while Leaders who do not have grant funds can access a fully funded ticket.
* If you have a disability and have a carer that needs to stay with you, or those with a disabled child who needs to attend with them, contact [email protected] asap and before booking to try to obtain a family room for this purpose. As we have very limited space at the venue, we would ask that where possible other supporting people (such as partners or grandparents for example) remain offsite and do not attend the conference itself. If there is a specific need to have supporting adults at the conference, a meal only ticket can be purchased.
* Those with children who need to stay with them have a few options – if your child will co sleep with you on a bottom bunk bed, or beside you in a cot, you can book a free ticket for them, or buy a ticket for those who require a bunk bed in a shared room (click here for our add-ons page). There are a very limited number of family rooms, primarily for those with a specific need. If you would like to request a family room, please buy your ticket here and then email [email protected] – these will now be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
* Meals will be provided – the day ticket includes hot drinks and lunch. Whole event tickets include Friday night dinner, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch and hot drinks. Dietary requirements will be catered for. Please feel free to bring snacks and nibbles for sharing.
* It is also possible to book an additional dinner and bed for the Saturday night, with breakfast on Sunday morning. This will need to be paid for by those that want it themselves and is not expensable in line with our expenses policy. (click here to access our add-ons page)
* Children who need to be with you are always welcome at LLL events. As we have very limited space at the venue we would request that where possible, children who can do so would remain with another adult not attending the event. You need to book workshop tickets for any children attending the event so that we are aware of numbers for health and safety. Meal options are available in the add-ons section. Book your child ticket here if needed.
* As well as the main hall, we will have a number of smaller rooms for 20-40 people where the workshop will be streamed.
These will be set up either with toys for those that want a bit more of a relaxed atmosphere with little kids or as quiet rooms for those that struggle with loud noise or crowds.
*There is very limited free parking at the venue. We would therefore ask where possible to lift share or get public transport.
The venue is less than 5 minutes walk from Cheshunt station, which has step free access, and there are a number of public (pay and display) car parks in Cheshunt itself, within a few minutes walk of the venue.